Bus Accident Claims
Were you a passenger on a bus and suffered from a road accident? Call us on 0121 565 4317 for free legal claims advice.
While the public transport system is highly regularized and observes strict safety measures, it is not accident-proof. As much as Bus Accidents Claims are almost unheard of, the law has provisions for the rare occurrences.
There are many possible scenarios that can lead to Bus Accident Claims. They include but not limited to:
- Negligence either by the driver, pedestrian or the driver of the other car involved in the accident.
- Direct crash with another vehicle.
- Being hit by a bus while you are at the bus shelter
- Rash driving where the driver takes off before you sit down causing you to fall or being hit by something.
- Getting an injury-mostly muscle strains as a result of the driver hurriedly moving before you completely got off the bus
- Wet floor as a result of spillage caused by passengers that makes you trip causing injury
- Damaged or poorly maintained buses can cause injuries.
While most bus accidents are minor, the compensation is not easy and it requires a well-trained solicitor to present your case and get you the maximum amount of compensation.
According to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, every employer, has an obligation to ensure the health and well-being of not only their employees but also their customers. This, therefore, can be a safe point to prove negligence.
If involved in a bus accident, the type of compensation you will get if you make a Bus Accident Claim are either as general or special damages. General damages take into account the mental anguish, severity of the injury, recovery time and any life-changing injuries. Special injuries, on the other hand, take care of financial compensation as a result of the accident. They can be factors such as medical costs, loss of earnings as a result of the accident, future expected medical costs and additional expenses that resulted from the accident.
Requirements to make a Bus Accident Claim
If you want to make a Bus Accident Claim for compensation for being involved in an accident, you need strong evidence to strengthen your case. This can include but not limited to:
Bus and Driver details, coach company
Taking photos that show clearly the scene of the accident.
Write down what happened as early as you can to avoid forgetting the important details that could arise during the court process.
Report the accident to the police.
- Get witnesses contacts. This can be the other passengers or if you were by the bus shelter, the on standers and onlookers. This could help if in case they are needed to testify in court.
- Report the bus accident to the bus company immediately
Our Solicitors Offer Free Bus Accident Claims Advice
One of the biggest challenges for victims of bus accidents is raising legal fees. Our No Win No Fee solicitors will take on your case for FREE and after compensation, we will take out a percentage of the pay-out, which we shall have agreed upfront, as our legal fee. This is only payable if you win the case. If not, you have no obligation to pay us.
Compensation for Bus Accident Claims
The amount awarded will depend on the level of injury and the impact it has had on your life. Use the below calculator to get an estimated compensation amount you could possibly get if you made a Bus Accident Claim today. However, to get a more accurate value, contact our team today for a free, no obligations advice.